1. Focused Content: Pay attention to the job requirements when writing your CV. This will provide guidance and help you write more focused CV content.
2. Tailor Your CV: Tailor your CV for each role you target. Amend content for each application. Tailoring your CV will improve your application to interview ratio.
3. WOW Factor: Populate CV content with facts, figures and achievements. Key achievements will help your CV stand out from the competition.
4. Short Sentences: Write short and crisp statements.
5. Use Bullet Points: Bullet points will ensure your CV is easier to read.
6. Avoid First Person Pronoun: Instead of: I generated €1.5m in sales revenue. Write: Generated €1.5m sales revenue.
7. Use Plain English: Keep things simple, using plain English. It’s important to include buzzwords, as some CVs are sifted by software. Mirror the terminology used in the job description.
8. Use Power Verbs: Power words help make your statements more impactful. Examples include: managed, supervised, led, organised, created, delivered and generated.
9. Be Consistent: Maintain consistency throughout your CV. This includes format, language, font styles and layout.
10. Don’t Lie: You will get caught out.
11. Spelling & Grammar: Proofread your CV. Don’t just rely on spelling and grammar checkers.
Need a CV WRITING SERVICE? Contact CVSOLUTIONS now!
“Hi Paul, I just want to thank you for your help with my CV. I actually ended with 3 job offers. I’ve accepted a new position in Dublin starting the 1st September. Thanks again!” (Angela)
“Only fair to show you a comment from a recruiter who I sent the CV off to…. “I have to say, it is now looking 10 times better than before. Very clear what you did in each role and structured perfectly. Money well spent!”” (John)
“Hi Paul, Just a quick thank you for your support in helping to update and improve my CV. I got the move I was looking for recently. I will continue to recommend your services in the future. Thanks again!” (Liam)
“Just a quick message to say thanks million for your help with my CV. The day you emailed me on the final copy I checked my Linkedin and I had been contacted by a recruiter. This meant I was able to send her on the updated CV straight away and I have no doubt it contributed greatly to my placement. Thanks a million, have and will again recommend you to anyone that will listen! Love the new job! Thank you!” (Sean)